⚠️ Type Rating Examiner Revalidation ✈️
Type Rating Examiner certificate is valid for 3 years (36 months). If you would like to revalidate your TRE certificate for next validity pattern, you have to comply with requirements of Part-FCL.
All your TRE privileges will be revalidates as well. So if your TRE covers privileges to provide checkrides for e.g. Boeing 737 and Bombardier CRJ, all of your privileges will be revalidated automatically unless restricted by your authority otherwise.
We are providing revalidation of TRE certificate on following types:
- TRE Boeing 737 300 - 900
- TRE Bombardier CL65 (CRJ series)
- TRE Cessna 525 Citation (all CJ variants)
TRE revalidation requirements
The revalidation criteria for all of the examiner certificates issued in accordance with Part FCL are subject of FCL.1025 and at the same time they are very similar.
To revalidate Type Rating Examiner certificate, you have to comply with all of the following conditions:
- before the expiry date of the TRE, have conducted at least six skill tests, proficiency checks or assessments of competence;
- in the period of 12 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the TRE, have completed an Examiner refresher course;
- one of the skill tests, proficiency checks or assessments of competence shall take place in the period of 12 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the TRE certificate and shall:
- have been assessed by an inspector from the competent authority or by a senior examiner; or
- comply with the requirements in point FCL.1020 (Examiner Assessment of Competence).
In the past the Part-FCL specifically mandated all examiners to administer at least 2 checkrides (skill test, proficiency check or assessment of competence) in every year of the TRE certificate validity period. Nevertheless this requirement has been shifted and you as a holder of TRE have to conduct 6 checkrides in total within the validity period.
It is important to mention that only licensing checkrides are counted towards the requirements of 6 checkrides. It excludes operator proficiency check from this requirement. However good news is that as being a TRE doing checkrides in simulator you need to do only 3 licensing session provided there are 2 Exam candidates evaluated during each checkride.
TRE Cross credit
As mentioned above - you hold privileges for more than one category of examiner - e.g. TRE on C525 and even TRE B737, all examiner privileges may be revalidated. However these procedures may slightly vary among the competent authorities. So the revalidation of Examiner multiple roles shall be done in agreement with the competent authority.
TRE validity pattern
Validity of the EASA Flight Examiner certificate in accordance with FCL.1025(a) is 36 months (3 years). The validity of the TRE certificate can be again revalidated 12 months prior expiry date with keeping current expiry pattern.
✅ TRE validity example - normal pattern
Type Rating Examiner - TRE certificate is valid until 30 SEPTEMBER 2022 and you have fulfilled all revalidation criteria on 02 OCTOBER 2021.
- New expiry date: 30 SEPTEMBER 2025
- Reason: Revalidation done within period 12 months preceding the expiry date
✅ TRE validity example - shortened pattern
Type Rating Examiner - TRE B737 is valid until 30 SEPTEMBER 2022 and you do not meet the revalidation criteria, however you have passed your TRE C525 initial assessment of competence on 01 APRIL 2022.
There are two possible scenarios applied by Authorities:
- Different expiry dates:
- TRE B737 valid till 30 SEPT 2022
- TRE C525 valid till 30 APR 2025
- Equal expiry dates:
- TRE B737 valid till 30 SEPT 2022
- TRE C525) valid till 30 SEPT 2022
✅ TRE validity example - renewal required
Type Rating Examiner - TRE certificate is valid until 30 SEPTEMBER 2022 and you have fulfilled all revalidation criteria on 01 OCTOBER 2022.
- Your CAA will most likely reject your application and void the assessment of competence
- Reason: TRE has expired and you need to attend renewal procedure provided by flight school (ATO) or by competent authority