500 hours is minimum for CRE
Prerequisites for Class Rating Examiner - CRE are specified in FCL.1010.CRE. Applicants for a CRE certificate shall:
- hold a CPL(A), MPL(A) or ATPL(A) with single-pilot privileges or have held it and hold a PPL(A);
- hold a CRI or FI certificate with instructional privileges for the applicable class or type;
- have completed 500 hours of flight time as a pilot on aeroplanes.
The privileges of IRE for aeroplanes are specified in FCL.1005.CRE. The privileges of a CRE are to conduct, for single-pilot aeroplanes, except for single-pilot high performance complex aeroplanes:
- skill tests for the issue of class and type ratings;
- proficiency checks for:
- revalidation or renewal of class and type ratings;
- revalidation of IRs, provided that they have completed at least 1500 hours as pilots of aeroplanes and have competed at least 450 hours of flight time under IFR;
- renewal of IRs, provided that they comply with the requirements laid down in point FCL.1010.IRE(a); and (4) revalidation and renewal of EIRs, provided that they have completed at least 1 500 hours as a pilot on aeroplanes and comply with the requirements laid down in point FCL.1010.IRE(a)(2)
- skill tests for the extension of LAPL(A) privileges to another class or variant of aeroplane.