⚠️ Who is Flight Examiner PPL(A) ✈️
Flight Examiner for PPL or FE(A) - PPL or simply FE(PPL) is a certificate authorizes the holder to provide skill tests towards the Private Pilot License along with the skill test for respective class rating - usually SEP(land). Before obtaining the flight examiner certificate for PPL(A) future examiner has to attend certain training driven by flight school or directly by competenc authority.
Flight Examiner is only person who can provide the student pilot with the checkride towards issuing the pilot license.
Once you are Flight Examiner, you will be allowed to let the pilots fly.... Isn't that awesome? ❤️
Requirements for FE - PPL
Iaw FCL.1010.FE, an applicant for an Flight Examiner - PPL(A) certificate shall hold an Flight Instructor - FI(A) certificate.
Candidate for Flight Examiner for PPL in accordance with FCL.1005.FE(a)(1) must have completed at least 1 000 hours of flight time as a pilot on aeroplanes or TMGs, including at least 250 hours as flight instructor.
PPL Examiner training
The examiner training is called Examiner standardization and required by FCL.1015. An applicant for an Flight Examiner certificate shall undertake Flight Examiner standardisation course. The standardisation course consists of theoretical and practical instruction and usually includes following:
- the conduct of 2 skill tests or proficiency checks for the PPL(A) licences or SEP(land) or TMG or MEP(land) class ratings;
- instruction on the applicable requirements in this part and the applicable air operations requirements, the conduct of skill tests or proficiency checks and their documentation and reporting;
- a briefing on the national administrative procedures, requirements for protection of personal data, liability, accident insurance and fees.
- a briefing on the need to review and apply the items when conducting skill tests or proficiency checks of an applicant for which the competent authority is not the same that issued the Flight Examiner certificate; and
- an instruction on how to get access to these national procedures and requirements of other competent authorities when needed.
The competent authority may provide the Flight Examiner course itself or through an arrangement with an ATO.
The course should last for the Flight Examiner, at least 1 day, divided into theoretical and practical training. The competent authority or ATO should determine any further training required before presenting the candidate for the examiner assessment of competence with Senior Examiner.
Flight Examiner Assessment of competence
As required by FCL.1020 applicants for an Flight Examiner certificate shall demonstrate their competence to an inspector from the competent authority or a senior examiner specifically authorised to do so by the competent authority responsible for the Flight Examiner certificate through the conduct of a skill test or proficiency check in the Flight Examiner role for which privileges are sought, including:
- conduct of the skill test or proficiency check
- assessment of the person to whom checkride is given,
- debriefing and recording documentation.
Privileges of FE(A) - PPL
In accordance with FCL.1005.FE(a)(1) - the privileges of Flight Examiner - PPL(A) are to conduct skill tests for the issue of the PPL(A) and skill tests and proficiency checks for associated/ single-pilot class and type ratings, except for single-pilot high performance complex aeroplanes.
Validity of Flight Examiner - PPL
In. accordance with FCL.1025(a), Flight Examiner certificate is valid for 3 years. Examiner's certificate can be revalidated within 12 months immediately preceding the expiry date. If you are a holder of more than one category of examiner - e.g. you are holder of FE(A) and CRE MEP(land), CRE SEP(land), all examiner privileges may be revalidated if you comply with the requirements laid down in points FCL.1020(b)(1) and FCL.1020(b)(2) and point FCL.1020 for one of the categories of examiner certificates held.