Single pilot or Multi pilot SFE?
Prerequisites for Simulator Flight Examiner - SFE(A) are specified in FCL.1010.SFE and depending on your experience.
Applicants for an SFE(A) certificate shall comply with all of the following conditions:
- in the case of multi-pilot aeroplanes:
- hold or have held an ATPL(A) and a type rating;
- an SFI(A) certificate for the applicable type of aeroplane; and
- have at least 1500 hours of flight time as pilots of multi-pilot aeroplanes;
- in the case of single-pilot high-performance complex aeroplanes:
- hold or have held a CPL(A) or an ATPL(A) and a type rating
- an SFI(A) certificate for the applicable class or type of aeroplane; and
- have at least 500 hours of flight time as pilots of single-pilot aeroplanes;
For the initial issue of an SFE certificate, have completed at least 50 hours of synthetic flight instruction as a TRI(A) or an SFI(A) on the applicable type.
The privileges of SFE for aeroplanes are specified in FCL.1005.SFE to conduct in an FFS, or for the assessments on the applicable FSTD:
- skill tests and proficiency checks for the issue, revalidation or renewal of type ratings;
- proficiency checks for the revalidation or renewal of IRs if combined with the revalidation or renewal of a type rating, provided that they have passed a proficiency check for the aircraft type including the instrument rating within the last year;
- skill tests for ATPL(A) issue;
- skill tests for MPL issue, provided that they have complied with the requirements laid down in point FCL.925; and
- assessments of competence for the issue, revalidation or renewal of an SFI certificate in the relevant aircraft category, provided that they have completed at least 3 years as an SFE(A) and have undergone specific training for the assessment of competence in accordance with point FCL.1015(b).